Nearly 5,000 of your colleagues from across the country have enrolled their practices in Partners for Healthy Pets. Have you? Why not join the clinics who are taking advantage of a national initiative designed to improve the health of our nation’s pets? It’s free, and it’s easy.
We know the facts: Veterinarians are seeing a rise in preventable and treatable health conditions such as diabetes, dental disease, heartworm disease and flea infestations. Let’s take a look at some of the hard truths about cats and their health:
- Visits to the veterinarian by cat-owning households have plunged by more than 10 million since 2001.
- According to a 2013 industry report, four out of the top-five cat diagnoses – dental calculus, being overweight, fleas and gingivitis – are preventable.
- About 60 out of every 100 cats examined by veterinarians have dental disease; more than 40 out of every 100 are overweight or obese.
And what about dogs? The news is somewhat brighter, but we probably all agree that we can do better.
- The prevalence of diabetes mellitus in dogs has doubled over the past five years.
- Obesity in dogs has increased 37 percent over the past five years, even though a majority of dog owners believe their pet is just the right weight.
- Arthritis has increased 38 percent in dogs, yet most pet owners are unaware that weight gain and arthritis in pets are linked.
The good news is that we as veterinarians have the answers. By utilizing Partners for Healthy Pets’ free resources, you can help make a difference for your clients, their pets and your practice. But don’t take our word for it. Check out the testimonials and success stories of those who have already committed to the Partners initiative and how they have benefitted from the program.
Partners for Healthy Pets has a clear objective: educating pet owners about the importance of preventive pet healthcare and annual veterinary checkups. If your practice isn’t already enrolled, we encourage you to do so today so that you can take advantage of the many benefits that come with enrollment.
- You’ll have access to logos, creative elements and content for your own newsletters, websites and in-clinic use – all at no cost to you.
- You’ll have access to myriad online resources that will help your clinic start and maintain a preventive pet healthcare program, everything from videos explaining the importance of a preventive health program to how-to’s on specific aspects of what you can implement and how.
- You’ll receive a monthly newsletter that offers materials and messages you can use to help promote the value and benefit of preventive care. Each newsletter issue provides ready-to-use Facebook posts and tweets on a preventive care subject, each of which includes a call to action to schedule an annual visit today.
But wait, there’s more! The Partners for Healthy Pets website features a consumer advertising campaign section that provides your practice with ready-to-use pieces from our national consumer campaign that you can use in your practice and in spreading the word where you practice. They are all perfect ways to show your clients and your community that you care about preventive care and to help them understand that a regular veterinary visit is as essential as food and love.
So enroll your practice in Partners for Healthy Pets today. By doing so, your clients will know that you are part of this important effort. Come join the thousands of veterinary clinics who have already committed to making a difference in pet health.