AVMA members, please don’t forget to provide your input on the proposed resolutions and bylaws amendments that will be considered during the AVMA House of Delegates Regular Annual Session in July. Now is your opportunity, please take a few minutes to look over the items and contact your delegates.
The following proposed bylaws amendments will be considered by the HOD during its July 24-25 meeting:
- Proposed Bylaws Amendment 3-2014 Council on Research
- Proposed Bylaws Amendment 4-2014 House of Delegates
- Proposed Bylaws Amendment 5-2014 Executive Board
The following resolutions will be considered:
- Resolution 2-2014 AVMA Mission Statement and Objectives
- Resolution 3-2014 Revised Policy on Pregnant Sow Housing
- Resolution 4-2014 Revised Policy on Declawing of Domestic Cats
- Resolution 5-2014 Revised Policy on Judicious Therapeutic Use of Antimicrobials
- Resolution 6-2014 Revised Policy on Veterinary Dentistry
- Resolution 7-2014 Revised Policy on Pregnant Sow Housing
- Resolution 8-2014 Revised Principles of Veterinary Medical Ethics
If you don’t know who your HOD delegates are, you can find them by logging in to the AVMA site and clicking on the “My AVMA Leaders” link in the Member Center, or here’s the direct link: https://www.avma.org/Members/Pages/myleaders.aspx
Also, the HOD will be voting on candidates for AVMA President-Elect, who will become AVMA President in July 2015 to succeed Dr. Ted Cohn, who will be taking office this July. The candidates are Dr. Larry Dee (from Georgia) and Dr. Joe Kinnarney (from North Carolina). If you’d like to know more about the candidates, read their JAVMA News interviews.