Will you be in Florida for the North American Veterinary Conference? So will we, and we would love to see you either at our booth in the exhibit hall or at one or more of the educational events we’ll be holding. Here are just some of the places where you’ll be able to connect up with us:
Dr. Michael Dicks of our Veterinary Economics Division is conducting sessions on economics topics on Tuesday, Jan. 20, in the Orlando World Center Marriott, Grand Salon 8. Topics include:
- Is the Economic Picture Brighter than You Think? – 1:45 – 2:35 p.m.
- Using Basic Economics to Improve Profitability – 2:24 – 3:35 p.m.
- Develop a Market Perspective Based on Data – 3:55 – 4:50 p.m.
One lucky session attendee will receive a complimentary subscription to the 2015 AVMA Veterinary Economics Report series, a series of 6 economic reports we’ll be publishing this year.
The Council on Education will be conducting a listening session on Sunday afternoon, Jan. 18, to hear your opinions and concerns about veterinary education accreditation. The session will be held from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Sunday at the Orlando World Center Marriott, in Crystal Salon G.
Representatives from our advocacy office in Washington, D.C., will be available in the AVMA booth in the exhibit hall (Booth #312) to listen to your legislative concerns and update you on what we’re doing to represent veterinarians in Congress. They can show you a new booklet recapping veterinary-related activity in the 113th Congress and highlighting how AVMA members helped move the needle to protect veterinary medicine; and offer information about applying for our congressional fellowship program.
Visit us in the exhibit hall
Please stop by our booth in the exhibit hall – Booth #312 – where we’ll have staff on hand Sunday through Wednesday to answer your questions about membership, member benefits, and any issues you want to discuss.
- Get sample copies of some of our popular client education posters and brochures.
- Learn more about how to post or find jobs through our Veterinary Career Center.
- Take a tour of our Personal Financial Planning Tool and see how it can help you plan for and achieve your financial goals.
- Preview the materials we’re preparing to help you promote Pet Dental Health Month.
- Find out about our resources and initiatives for recent graduates, including our Early Career Online Community on Facebook, Simple Answers to Tough Questions video series, and more.
Here are some important booth numbers you might want quick access to in the exhibit hall:
- AVMA: Booth 312
- AVMF: Booth 135-137
- PLIT: Booth 1712
- GHLIT: Booth 1710
- Partners for Healthy Pets: Booth 522