We’re gearing up for the Western Veterinary Conference (WVC) in Las Vegas, where we’ll be represented both in the exhibit hall and on the CE agenda. If a trip to the conference is in your near future, we hope you’ll take time to look us up while you’re there.
Here are just some of the places where you’ll be able to connect up with AVMA if you’re attending the conference
Dr. Gail Golab, director of our Animal Welfare Division and the first U.S. veterinarian ever to be credentialed in animal welfare, will be presenting a session entitled Protecting Animals’ Welfare: Their Sentience, Our Sapience on Sunday, Feb. 15, from 1:00 – 1:50 p.m. Offering 1 hour of CE credit, this lecture will explore human-animal relationships, using a unique graphical model that reflects the responsibility and opportunity that veterinarians have to ensure that human actions toward animals result in good animal welfare.
Stop by the AVMA booth in the exhibit hall (Booth #2075N) to look through a copy of the new 2015 AVMA Report on Veterinary Markets. We’ll also have copies of the report’s executive summary available for you to take home, and our staff in the booth can help you sign up to receive our email alerts on veterinary economics issues.
The Council on Education will be conducting a listening session on Sunday afternoon, Feb. 15, to hear your opinions and thoughts on veterinary education accreditation. The session will run from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. at the Four Seasons Hotel, Four Seasons Ballroom 1 (2nd floor).
AVMA’s Congressional Advocacy Network (AVMA-CAN) and representatives from our advocacy office in Washington, D.C., will be available in the AVMA booth in the exhibit hall to listen to your legislative concerns and update you on what we’re doing to represent veterinarians in Congress. They’ll also be distributing copies of our newly published recap of the 113th Congress, which highlights important work done in 2013-2014.
Products and services
We’ll have staff in the exhibit hall to show you some of the great products and services we have available for veterinarians and veterinary clinic staff:
- Get sample copies of some of our popular client education posters and brochures.
- Learn how to post or find jobs through our Veterinary Career Center.
- Take a tour of our Personal Financial Planning Tool and see how it can help you plan for and achieve your financial goals. It’s not too late to get started building a budget plan for 2015, and this tool can help simplify the process.
- Preview the materials we have available to help you promote Pet Dental Health Month.
- Find out about our resources and initiatives for recent graduates, including the Early Career Online Community on Facebook, Simple Answers to Tough Questions video series, and more.
Please stop by booth #2075N in the Mandalay Bay Convention Center, where we’ll have staff on hand Monday through Wednesday (Feb. 16-18) to answer your questions about membership, member benefits, and any issues you want to discuss.
Exhibit hall guide
Looking for AVMA or its partners in the exhibit hall? Here are some important booth numbers you might want to keep handy:
- AVMA: Booth 2075N
- AVMF: Booth 365N
- Partners for Healthy Pets: Booth 363N
- GHLIT: Booth 1236
- PLIT: Booth 1240