Today marks the beginning of National Dog Bite Prevention Week®, which is held the third full week of May each year to educate people about preventing dog bites. This week, why not take some time to talk with clients – in your clinic and on social media – about preventing dog bites? There are 70 million dogs in the U.S., most of them nice, but veterinarians know that any dog can bite. The majority of these bites, if not all, could be prevented.
The AVMA has a range of resources you can share with clients to spread this important message:
- Three new videos on dog bite prevention starring the very popular Jimmy the Dog. These include videos on noises, sleeping and teasing. We also released several educational videos starring Jimmy last year, and the entire playlist of videos can be found on our YouTube channel. These videos are available to embed in your website or share on social media with clients.
- Dog bite prevention facts, a brochure, podcasts, articles, and more.
- Website widgets that can easily be embedded on your clinic’s site.
- Social media tips to give you even more ideas on how to connect with clients this week.
- A Facebook cover photo that you can use on your clinic’s Facebook page.
For more information and content you can share with clients, you can follow our Facebook page, join our Facebook event page, and follow us on Twitter. Here’s a sample of the posts we will be sharing on social media during the week.
1. CA 445 claims, $16,185,647 total paid
2. IL 315 claims, $10,882,001 total paid
3. OH 239 claims, $5,282,374 total paid
4. PA 172 claims, $4,344,524 total paid
5. TX 169 claims, $2,817,175 total paid
6. NY 148 claims, $8,094,161 total paid
7. IN 140 claims, $2,994,838 total paid
8. MI 133 claims, $5,057,719 total paid
9. GA 116 claims, $3,819,138 total paid
10. NJ 107 claims, $6,396,678 total paid