If you’re heading to Las Vegas for the Western Veterinary Conference (WVC, March 6-10), we’d enjoy seeing you at our booth in the exhibit hall (Booth 1030). Staff will be available to answer questions and listen to your concerns on any issues you want to discuss. Additionally, the Women’s Veterinary Leadership Development Initiative (WVLDI) and Partners for Healthy Pets will be holding sessions.
At our booth, view sample copies of our updated client brochures, check out our products and services for every area of professional focus, learn how to post or find jobs through our Veterinary Career Center, and find out about our resources and initiatives for recent graduates.
Here are important booth numbers in the exhibit hall:
- AVMA: Booth 1030
- AVMF: Booth 728
- AVMA LIFE (formerly GHLIT): Booth 4210
- AVMA PLIT: Booth 4212
- Partners for Healthy Pets: Booth 729
WVLDI will hold a series of sessions at the conference on Sunday, March 6, in Room Lagoon H, Level 2. Dr. Karen Bradley, immediate past president of WVLDI and former chair of the AVMA House Advisory Committee, will present on the following topics:
- 1 p.m. “Who’s the Boss? It Could Be You! Making Practice Ownership a Reality”
- 2 p.m . “Work or Life? It’s Not a Zero Sum Game. Balancing Friends, Family and Work” (co-presented with AVMA Board of Directors member Dr. Lori Teller, Meyerland Animal Clinic, Houston, Texas)
- 3 p.m. “Finding Confidence and Shattering Your Own Glass Ceiling” (co-presented with former AVMA President Dr. Doug Aspros, WVLDI board member)
- 4 p.m. “Tips for Successful Career Transititions” (co-presented with Dr. Stacy Pritt, member of the AVMA House of Delegates and Director, IACUC, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Rowlett, Texas)
Partners for Healthy Pets
Partners for Healthy Pets will be holding sessions on Sunday, March 6, in Room Lagoon L, Level 2.
Dr. Karen E. Felsted (President, PantheraT Veterinary Management Consulting, Dallas, Texas) and Karyn Gavzer (President, KG Marketing & Training, Springboro, Ohio) will present four sessions on attracting and retaining clients. The sessions are 50 minutes each and run from 1 p.m. to 4:50 p.m.