Registration opens for 2016 AVMA Economic Summit
There’s no better way to improve your understanding of the business and economic forces that affect you as a veterinarian than by attending the AVMA Economic Summit. Registration has opened for this year’s summit, to be held October 24-25, and you can save money by registering before the end of this month.
This annual meeting brings together veterinary economists, practitioners, business and academic leaders for two days of seminars, discussion and networking. Attendees get the latest information on market forces – including the market for veterinary education, the market for veterinarians, and the demand for the veterinary services that impact your day-to-day business. Presentations cover a wide range of topics, including student debt, practice finance, consumer preferences, and product markets.
“I think this summit is one of the most important annual meetings for veterinary medicine and our future,” one recent attendee told us. Others have lauded it as an “excellent networking opportunity,” and simply urged us to “please continue” convening it each year.
New presentations at the 2016 Economic Summit will include:
- Introduction to AVMA’s Practice Profitability Core – learn about the progress of the inaugural group of practice owners and managers who are taking the steps necessary to operate their practices at peak efficiency, successfully grow their market share, and improve financial performance
- Highlights from the Student Debt Summit – understand why this is an issue that affects every veterinary professional and what steps are being taken to address the issue
- Status and insights into research done in collaboration with state and allied veterinary groups and associations
- Product Markets – an examination of what impact products have within the profession and day-to-day business operations.
Who should attend the summit?
Veterinarians from all disciplines and practice sectors can hone their business acumen and analytical skills by attending the AVMA Economic Summit. Attendees include:
- Business leaders who want the latest data on compensation, employment/unemployment, supply and demand for veterinarians, and price and income elasticities for veterinary services
- Practice owners, associates and managers interested in learning how veterinary markets influence everyday business decisions and intelligence
- Leaders in academia who are interested in learning about trends in the veterinary education market
Attending the AVMA Economic Summit is an investment in your veterinary future. The 2016 summit will take place in Schaumburg, Illinois, at the Chicago Marriott Schaumburg. Learn more on the Economic Summit web page, or view these video highlights from previous years: