Tomorrow is the last Saturday in April, and that means it’s time for us to say… Happy World Veterinary Day!
The World Veterinary Association created World Veterinary Day in 2000 as an annual celebration of the veterinary profession – to be observed on the last Saturday of April. Vaccination is the theme for this year’s celebration, so a great way to observe World Veterinary Day would be to check with your veterinarian to make sure all of your pets’ vaccinations are up-to-date. If they’re not, make an appointment today to get that taken care of!
Looking for other ways to observe World Veterinary Day? Here are six more ideas:
- Help spread the word by attending World Veterinary Day 2013 on Facebook.
- Send an email to your veterinarian telling her/him how much you appreciate what they do to keep the animals in your life healthy.
- Give your veterinarian a shoutout on Facebook or other social media. Not only will you make your vet’s day, you’ll also be offering an endorsement that might help any friends and family members who happen to be looking for a veterinarian now or in the future.
- If you don’t currently have a veterinarian for your pets, or if you need to find a specialist, look for one on the AVMA’s veterinary locator, MyVeterinarian.com, where you can do a location-based search to find veterinarians near you.
- Learn more about the benefits of keeping your pets’ vaccinations current. Here are a few resources from the public resources on our website:
- Talk to a friend about the importance of keeping pets vaccinated.
Please let us know in the comments section what you’re doing to mark World Veterinary Day this year.