Are you or a colleague interested in volunteering for an AVMA committee? If so, there are a number of opportunities still available for appointment this summer!
Due to recent resignations, there are two positions available for appointment in June 2014:
- Group Health Life Insurance Trust (GHLIT) – one position representing At-Large, filling an unexpired term from June 2014 – July 2017.
- Convention Management and Program Committee (CMPC) – one position representing the Companion Animal Practice Section Manager, filling an unexpired term from June 2014 – July 2016.
The deadline for receipt of nominations for the GHLIT and CMPC positions is May 16, 2014. More information on the GHLIT and CMPC, including the nomination forms, is available on the AVMA’s website.
There are also volunteer opportunities available on AVMA committees that are available for appointment in July 2014. The deadline for receipt of nominations for these committee positions is June 6, 2014. The full list of committee positions available for appointment in July 2014 is available on the AVMA website and includes positions on the following entities:
- Animal Welfare Committee
- Clinical Practitioners Advisory Committee
- Committee on International Veterinary Affairs
- Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates
- Food Safety Advisory Committee
All GHLIT, CMPC and committee nominations should be submitted by their respective deadlines via email to OfficeEVP@avma.org, via fax to 847-925-0944, or via mail to AVMA Office of the Executive Vice President, 1931 N. Meacham Rd, Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL, 60173. All GHLIT, CMPC and committee nominations should include the nomination form and a 1-2 page resume.
If you or a colleague are not sure if you are ready to get involved with the AVMA, please take the opportunity to view AVMA’s latest video, where AVMA members describe the benefits of volunteering with the association, such as influencing key issues affecting veterinary medicine today, meeting new colleagues and forging valuable and lasting relationships.
Please feel free to email OfficeEVP@avma.org or call 1-800-248-2862, ext. 6688 with any questions you may have. Thanks for your continued support and we look forward to receiving your nominations!