Veterinarians in practice often find themselves wishing they could read not just their patients’ minds, but clients’ minds as well. Did she understand why I’m recommending that vaccine for her dog? Does he really see what I’m doing when I perform the physical exam, or does he think I’m just petting his dog and taking his pulse? Do they see the value in yearly wellness exams, even when there are no vaccinations due?
Partners for Healthy Pets has a tool that can help you find the answers to these questions and more, without a need for any psychic abilities. The Opportunity is a complimentary, online practice survey that can provide valuable insights into the perspectives and opinions of your clients and your team about preventive healthcare. The survey allows you to identify your team’s strengths and where you have opportunities to improve.
It’s easy to implement The Opportunity survey and get your customized results.
- Sign up on the Partners for Healthy Pets website and register your hospital. (Note: you can register more than one hospital)
- Click the “Survey Invitations” tab and download your customized pet owner survey invitation, with a unique code for your practice (there’s a sample provided for review). Follow the directions for distributing the surveys to clients.
- Invite your practice team to take the team survey by entering their email addresses (there’s also a sample provided for review).
- Check back and collect your real-time results, which will show where your practice has opportunities to improve.
- Visit the relevant Partners for Healthy Pets toolkit resources to get you on your way.
Preventive care is a cornerstone of pet health, and you can improve your clinic’s delivery of preventive care through effective communication, implementation of preventive care guidelines, and offering preventive care plans. Throughout the course of this year, we’ll be focusing on a component of the Partners for Healthy Pets’ online certificate program each month. Join us, and complete your certificate!