Are you or a colleague interested in serving the AVMA and the veterinary profession as either a volunteer leader or a member of an AVMA committee or council? If so, there are a variety of opportunities available.
Applications/nominations must be received no later than June 19 for open positions on these AVMA committees:
- Animal Welfare Committee
- Aquatic Veterinary Medicine Committee
- Clinical Practitioners Advisory Committee
- Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates
- Food Safety Advisory Committee
- Legislative Advisory Committee
- Political Action Committee Board
The full list of committee openings is available here. Committee appointments will be made this August.
New appointments to AVMA councils also will be made in August, but the application deadline for these openings is July 1. The full list of council positions available for appointment in August is available here and includes positions on the following entities:
- Council on Biologic and Therapeutic Agents
- Council on Public Health and Regulatory Veterinary Medicine
- Council on Research
- Council on Veterinary Service
- Judicial Council
AVMA officer positions
If you’re interested in volunteering as an AVMA officer serving on the AVMA Board of Directors, nominations also are being accepted for AVMA president-elect, vice president and treasurer. Nomination deadlines for these positions vary, so we invite you to learn more about the opportunities on our Volunteering as an AVMA Officer web page.
Looking for a little inspiration before you make the decision to throw your hat in the ring? If so, take a look at this video, where AVMA members describe how their volunteer experiences helped change their lives.