If you have plans to attend Western Veterinary Conference (WVC) next week in Las Vegas, be sure those plans include connecting with AVMA to learn about our newest offerings and talk with us about your interests and priorities.
Please make it a point to drop by Booth #1704 in the exhibit hall, where you will find a range of resources developed by the AVMA to help you succeed at every stage of your career. AVMA representatives will be on hand to answer questions and provide information and materials to help you learn about – and take advantage of – these and other initiatives:
- Wellbeing tools, including the Wheel of Wellbeing; our free suicide-prevention training program for AVMA and Student AVMA members; and a full suite of reputation management and cyberbullying resources
- Telehealth Resource Center that details policies, potential applications, implementation steps, FAQs, and case studies
- JAVMA Mobile App, which gives subscribers access to read the journal on their tablets and smartphones, and soon will be expanded to provide journal access for Student AVMA members
- AVMA Member Edge, our newly expanded AVMA membership benefits program, which provides discounts and merchant rewards for AVMA members
- Client education materials, the Veterinary Career Center, and other tools and resources.
The AVMA also will contribute to a half-day series of CE sessions on leadership presented by the Women’s Veterinary Leadership Development Initiative (WVLDI) beginning at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, March 6. AVMA Director of Wellbeing and Diversity Initiatives Dr. Jen Brandt will present “Wellbeing Meets Leadership” at 4 p.m. as part of the WVLDI series “Leadership as a Key to Wellness,” to be held in the Breakers K, Level 2 of the Mandalay Bay convention facility. The session will explore the spectrum of adversity, and how attitudes and perceptions about adversity contribute to resilience, overall wellbeing, and leadership efficacy. Dr. Brandt also will take part in a WVLDI panel discussion on leadership and wellbeing in the same room, following her presentation.
Then, beginning at 6 p.m., WVLDI and the AVMA will host a networking event featuring discussion of everyday leadership, with presenters and audience members sharing personal stories and experiences. This reception will be held in Lagoon L, Level 2, and will wrap up by 7:30 p.m.
If you’re attending WVC, we hope you’ll connect with AVMA’s representatives in the exhibit hall booth or at one of these events to share your suggestions regarding the association’s important work to protect, promote, and advance the veterinary profession – and, in turn, you and your career.
We’ll be joined in booth #1704 by representatives of the American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF) and the Partners for Healthy Pets (PHP), who can provide information about the tools and programs they offer to help you succeed. These include the AVMF’s Veterinary Care Charitable Fund, and the PHP’s Forward Booking tool and inactive client re-engagement program.
Important booth numbers:
- AVMA, AVMF and Partners for Healthy Pets – Booth #1704
- AVMA PLIT –Booth #4212
- AVMA LIFE –Booth #4210.
We hope you will make these AVMA activities a part of your experience in Las Vegas!