The candidates are set, and voting has begun for two seats on the AVMA Board of Directors.
In District 7, Drs. Charles Lemme, Frank Edgar Walker and David M. Ylander are seeking to represent AVMA members in Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota.
In District 9, Drs. Melanie A. Marsden and Lawrence D. McGill are seeking to represent AVMA members in Arizona, Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Utah.
The winning candidates in District 7 and District 9 will assume office during the 2018 AVMA Convention, which will be held July 13-17 in Denver.
The AVMA uses electronic balloting for a contested district director election. Electronic voting eases, expedites and enhances the voting experience, allowing AVMA members to cast ballots electronically, rather than by surface mail. AVMA members in both districts can vote until 11:59 p.m. Central Time on March 31, 2018. The winning candidates will be notified of the election results on April 1, and the results will be posted on the AVMA website’s elections page.
When members vote electronically, the following process is followed:
- An email message is sent to all eligible voters, providing instructions and a link to a secure voting website. The email is sent from the address AVMAelection@avma.org.
- When members click on the link to vote, they are directed to a secure website where their identity and eligibility for voting are authenticated before they are allowed to vote.
- The website includes links to information about the candidates in the election, as well as instructions for voting.
- Members make their ballot selections and cast ballots electronically on the website, without any additional steps required.
- Safeguards are in place to prohibit multiple voting.
If you live in District 7 or District 9 and don’t see an email from AVMAelection@avma.org in your inbox, please check your Junk E-mail or Spam folder in case it got routed there instead.
Eligible members who do not have valid email addresses on file with the AVMA are mailed paper ballots along with a return envelope. Completed ballots must be received by the end of the voting period, March 31, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. Central Time.
Update your email to vote electronically
We rely on email to notify members about the nomination process for elections and to inform you when you are eligible to vote in AVMA elections. Make sure you have an up-to-date email address in your member profile to ensure that we can reach you when there is an election for which you are eligible.