The AVMA proudly sponsors National Pet Week® each year in the first full week of May, celebrating the special bonds between pets and people. This event provides an opportunity to deepen your connections with clients and educate pet owners about the importance of providing a lifetime of love to animal companions of all shapes and sizes.
Every day of National Pet Week® incorporates a different theme:
- Sunday – Choose well, commit for life
- Monday – Socialize now. New doesn’t have to be scary.
- Tuesday – Nutrition and exercise matter.
- Wednesday – Love your pet? See your vet!
- Thursday – Pet population control: Know your role.
- Friday – Emergencies happen. Be prepared.
- Saturday – Give them a lifetime of love.
To help you observe National Pet Week® and share these essential actions, the AVMA provides an extensive toolkit of veterinary clinic resources for AVMA members to use to bring the celebration into your hospitals and communities, including:
- Ready-to-use content for you to post on your social media pages, including copy-and-paste message posts and ready-to-download images
- Ideas for easy, stress-free ways to celebrate National Pet Week® in your clinic and around your community
- Marketing tips and best practices to get the word out about events or promotions in your clinic
Pet Week begins on Sunday—remember to celebrate in your clinic! Learn more about National Pet Week® at petweek.org.